A few pseudo-science details about the world, to aid in the development of a World Map.
1 Astronomical Unit = 149 598 000 km
Single yellow sun, slightly larger and brighter than our own sun (referred to as Sol hereafter).
- Spectral Class = G0
- Sun's Luminosity = 1.8929 of Sol
- Sun's Mass = 1.2 of Sol
- Sun's Radius = 1.157 of Sol
Slightly smaller than Earth, with a longer orbital period. The planet is slightly further away from the Sun, but the Sun's Luminosity is slightly brighter to compensate, so that the Planet remains mostly Earth-like.
- Distance from Sun = 174,564,865 km (1.167 AU)
- Radius = 5,315.119 km
- Diameter = 10,630.238 km
- Circumference = 33,395.878 km
- Volume = 628,966,603,893.771 km^3
- Surface area: 355,006,127 km²
- 2:1 Map Projection: 26,646.05513 km x 13,323.027565 km
- Water / Ice Index = 70
- Land (30%): 106,501,838.1 km²
- Water (70%): 248,504,288.9 km²
- Gravity = 1G
- Orbital Period = 420 days
- Rotation = 24 hours
- Mean Temp = 287K / 14C
- Atmosphere = 1.17 atm (N2 79.1%, O2 20.19%, Ar 0.09%, CO2 0.28%)
- Mass = 0.694445 of Earth
- Density = 1.2 of Earth
- Escape Velocity = 10.209 km/s
- Geostationary Orbit = 37,420 km
- Eccentrity = 0.0167
- Inclination = 24 deg
- Axial Tilt = 12 deg
Date / Time
- 60 Seconds in a Minute
- 60 Minutes in an Hour
- 24 hours in a Day
- 7 days in a Week
- 5 Weeks in a Month
- 35 days in a Month
- 12 Months in a Year
- 420 days in a Year
There are 2 visible moons, a large one called Vita, one small one called Mort named after the ancient Gods of the same name. They have surprisingly regular cycles. As noted by their names, these two moons are associated with Life and Death. When Mort is full in the sky it is considered a bad day to take risks, for the eye of death is watching closely on that day. The cycle of Vita is taken particular note of by those seeking to bear a child.
The cycle of the two moons is such that they never overlap in the sky, but are often in the sky at the same time.
Vita - Large Moon
- Colouration : Grey/White
- Orbital Period: 35 days (every month)
Mort - Small Moon
- Colouration : Brown/Red
- Orbital Period: 105 days (every 3rd month)
Ideal AU distances: 0.4, 0.7, 1.0, 1.6, 2.8. 5.2, 10.0, 19.6, 38.8, as per Bodes Law
Some features will be kept the same throughout all cultures for simplicity.
- Time and Date notation will be handled using one standard (earth-like) system, as noted above.
- Everyone will use the Tiberian Calendar still, for lack of a better alternative.
- Everyone will use the Metric System for length, area, volume, mass.
- Temperatures will be measured in Celsius when needed.
- Currency will be of a global coinage of precious metals, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Copper, in descending order. 1 Platinum = 100 Gold, 1 Gold = 100 Silver, 1 Silver = 100 Copper.
- There will be a common trade language simply referred to as the "Common Tongue" or "Common". This will essentially be represented by English, and will be the native tongue of Humans. The other races, and some Human cultures may have distinct racial languages, but most of these will know Common also.